Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 235: Ferraris and yorkies

Day 235: Ferraris and yorkies

One of my favorite perks of being a pathologist is that when you're not in the gross room, you're usually at a desk somewhere with a microscope and a computer... (I know that sounds super dorky) but on that computer, behind the windows of transcriptions and dictations and patient charts, are two things:

1) Pandora... how I've loved you since my first "Christina Aguilara" album, and even more now that there isn't a 40 hour monthly limit!

and

2) Gchat. With my bear. Like ALL THE TIME. Currently, he's a fourth year med student, so his hours are pretty chill, and he gets dismissed from his rotations around noon each day.

Not that we have intense conversations all day, but it's fun to have little quips back and forth... mini rants and raves through out the day. However, this leads to some pretty interesting one liners...

Here are a collection of phrases that I probably say waaaaay too often:

"brb.. gotta put some organs in formalin"
"ew. this placenta smells funny"
"bear!"
"bear?"
"Beeeaaaarrrrrrr????"
"I'm hungry."
"I think I'm gonna go home now" "it's noon" "yeah, i know. I'm done. :)"

Today, he texted me this afternoon.
"I'm sleepy, I think I'm gonna take a nap"
"You just woke up"
"Yeah, but I'm tired"
"What a life... You sleep more than Lina" (Lina is my little teacup yorkshire terrier who sleeps 16 hours a day)
"I have a Ferrari brain"
"???"
"I have a superior intellect, but it requires a lot of maintenence. I need to be well rested to be at my best."
"You may think you have a Ferrari brain, but you've got a Lina motor. The only thing keeping you going is a yorkie on a hamster wheel"
"I'm sleepy"
"Vroom vroom yorkie"


No comments:

Post a Comment